Monday 9 December 2013

Accidental Shopping Trip Haul

I thought I would do a haul for the accidental shopping spree that I went on the other day. You fellow shopaholics know how it is... you go to the mall because you need to return a few things, and when you leave a few hours later your debit card is crying.  Well, that is exactly what happened to me. I went to the mall because I had to exchange a foundation and blush at Sephora, "Back to MAC" a few items at MAC, and bring back some empty containers to Lush. I had no intention of spending any money, because all the items that I would be getting were going to end up being free.   As much as I was trying to be good, all self control went out the window when I realized I had gotten an email from Sephora that gave me $20.00 off a $50.00 purchase. It was just the justification I needed, and with that I convinced myself that it was okay to pick up a few things. Out of everything I purchased I only had to spend $60.00 of my own money, so I don't think that's too bad. After this shopping trip though I am not letting myself buy any more makeup until at least after Christmas.

Below are all the goodies that I unintentionally picked up on my shopping trip.

1. Marc Jacobs "Genius Gel" Foundation:
I know I have raved about how much I liked this foundation and how well it matched my skin, but lately I have noticed that whenever I am in natural light I look orange.  I decided to bring the foundation back to get a shade that matches my skin tone better. I ended up getting the shade "light ivory" which is the lightest shade that they carry. It is weird because the new shade is 3 or 4 shades lighter than the old shade I had, and the old foundation had been colour matched to my skin tone at Sephora using their machine. I probably could have gotten a shade one darker than "light ivory" because it looks really light on my skin, but I would rather get a shade that's a bit too light and be able to warm up my skin with blush and bronzer than have one that's a tiny bit too dark for me and then be unable to use blush or bronzer because it makes me look orange. Overall I still love this foundation and highly recommend it to others to try. I did a review on it, so if you want to learn more about this foundation then you can find the review in side bar to the right. This foundation retails for  $58.00 at Sephora.

2. NARS Laguna Bronzer
When I was at Sephora the sales associate put this bronzer on me and I really liked the way it looked. The shimmer in it is really subtle, but it does help to warm up your face and give you a healthy glow. I always thought that this bronzer would be too dark for me, especially in the winter, so I never thought to try it on my skin. After trying it at Sephora though I decided to purchase it because the only bronzer I have is my Chanel one,  and I would rather not use it every single day since it is expensive. This bronzer retailed for $42.00 at Sephora.



3.  NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in "Chantilly"
This is a concealer that I have been using since June, and really loving. I ran out of mine the other day so I thought since I had the $20.00 off I might as well pick up another one. This concealer does a good job of brightening up my under eye area, and has a very good coverage. It also blends pretty well and I do not notice too much creasing when I use it. This concealer retails for $28.00 at Sephora.
4. NARS "Sin" Blush
This is a blush that I have heard a few Youtubers talk about, and I was curious to try it because it seems like the perfect blush for winter. The blush looks a lot darker in the pan in real life, and is a really unique berry tone with subtle gold shimmer. It is the prettiest colour and I have been wearing it every day since I purchased it.  I find it goes with any eye look, and also looks pretty with both nude and berry toned lips. I recommend swatching it next time you are in Sephora because this really is the most gorgeous blush. It retails for $32.00 at Sephora.



5. Urban Decay "All Nighter" Makeup Setting Spray
I had the small size of this setting spray and really liked it, so I decided to purchase the full size bottle. I have been wearing it every day since I bought it and find that it makes my makeup stay in place longer. It is also a good product to use if you feel yourself looking powdery throughout the day as it helps to freshen up your makeup. I purchased the 1 oz version at Sephora and this retailed for $15.00. They do carry a larger 4 oz version as well, and that one retails for $35.00

6. Sephora Compact
This was something that I received for free with my purchase for being a VIB Rouge member. I  think it is cute, and it is always nice to have a compact to throw in your bag.

7. MAC Eyeshadow in "Brulé"
This is the eyeshadow that I got for free when I brought 6 empty MAC packages back to the store. It is kind of a boring colour, but it does a really great job of blending out my eyeshadow. I had completely used up my other BrulĂ© since I used it every day, and it was definitely time to get another one. These eyeshadows originally retail for $15.00 at MAC.

8. Lush BB Seaweed Facemask
I got this face mask for free when I brought 5 empty packages back to Lush. They had a bunch of fresh face masks to choose from, but I chose this one because it was supposed to be really moisturising and my skin gets dry in the winter. These masks need to be kept in the fridge because they are made with all natural ingredients, and I like that about this company because I do not have to worry about putting harmful chemicals on my skin. The main ingredients in this mask are seaweed, ground almonds, rose absolute, and extra virgin olive oil. I have used this mask once already, and I really did find that these ingredients did a great job of moisturising my skin. My face felt so soft and smooth after and it took away any redness that I had. I will definitely be purchasing this product again. It retails for $6.95 at Lush.



These are all the items that I purchased, and I am very happy with them so far. Leave me a comment in the box below letting me know if you received a VIB gift card from Sephora and what you intend on purchasing with it!

xoxo Jess








No comments:

Post a Comment