Monday 21 April 2014

The Face Shop Haul

So I know it has been a while since I have posted, but I have finally finished school so I will have a lot more time on my hands! Anyway, The Face Shop just opened in the mall near me, so I decided to go check it out. I have never tried any Korean beauty / skincare brands before, so this was completely new to me, but I ended up finding a lot of products that I really liked. The products are very reasonably priced, and are supposed to have natural ingredients in them, which is a bonus.  I  had also conveniently run out of a lot of my skincare items recently, so that was enough to justify some new purchases. Although The Face Shop does sell makeup as well, there was nothing that I really needed, so I decided to pass this time. The packaging on a lot of their makeup is super cute though, and the blushes were only $9 so it is definitely a great store if you're on a budget and want good quality items.

Here are all the goodies I picked up...


The first thing I picked up was the Mango Seed Cleansing Foam. The sales associate who was helping me said that this line was the best for dry skin because it was super moisturising, so I ended up getting a bunch of things from that line. I have only used this once so far, so I cannot give you a full review of the product yet, but I did feel like my face felt super  clean after washing with it. It also did not irritate my eyes at all, and smells absolutely amazing. I threw out the receipt so I can't remember the exact price of this but I think it was between $9.00 and $12.00, so not bad at all.

The second item that I purchased was the Mango Seed Eyes and Lips Make-up Remover. I was a little sceptical about whether I would like this product because I don't love the feeling of super oily products on my eyes. I didn't find this to feel oily at all though, and I found that it did a pretty good job removing my makeup. I had to work a little harder at getting off my mascara,  however I also wear a lot more layers of mascara than the average person, so I think for most people this product would work perfectly. I believe that this retailed for $12.00

The next item that I picked up was the Mango Seed Silk Moisturising Facial Butter. I wanted a product that would be super moisturising because I have dry skin, and this is definitely it. Since it is a butter, the product is quite thick, and does a really great job at moisturising your skin. It also smells absolutely amazing! I seriously couldn't wait for bed time so I could rub this all over face. The only thing that I felt was a bit weird about  this product is that it makes your face a bit sticky, however, overall I liked this product so much that I would let that slide. Oh, and can we talk about this packaging... Super adorable! I don't think I would use the little paddle at all, but I like the fact that it comes with it. The little hearts are so cute. I think this was around $35.00 dollars, which I don't think is bad at all considering my usual moisturiser from Sephora is $50.00. I think I may go back and get the ligher version to use in the morning because I really like this line. 



The next product that I purchased was this Shea Butter Lip Cream. The sales associate who was helping me said that she loves this product because it was super moisturising, and she was not lying. My lips had been looking really dry and gross the last couple days, and this definitely helped them out a lot. The formula is really thick, but not sticky at all, and it worked miracles for me. I didn't expect to like this because I don't usually like lip products that come in these squeezy tubes, but I really like this one. I have seriously been re-applying this like every ten minutes because I love it so much. It also has a sweet vanilla-ish scent to it that I really like. I will definitely be re-purchasing this when I run out. I think it was around $6.00

The next item that I purchased was the Hand and Cuticle Duo. I think it is really cool that the product comes with both a hand cream and a vaseline-like product for your cuticles. This makes it a really handy product to just throw in your purse, and the cream smells really great as well and is super moisturising. I also really like that it isn't sticky or greasy and that it absorbs quickly into my skin. There is nothing worse than putting on hand cream and then feeling like you cannot touch anything for half an hour after, but this product isn't like that. It is definitely something that I would repurchase. I think it was between $6.00 and $10.00, but I really do not remember. 

The last item that I purchased was a bunch of Real Nature Sheet Masks. I had never tried sheet masks before, but after trying some of these I will never go back to the liguid ones ever again. These are just so easy to apply and remove and there is no mess at all. You do not even have to wash off the residue that is left on your face, you just gently press it into your skin and it is easily absorbed. They have a very large variety of face masks, but I choose ones that were more moisturising. So far I have used the avocado and the honey ones and I really felt like my skin was a lot softer after and less dry. I cannot wait to go get more of these, especially because they were only $2.00!


When I went to pay the Sales Associate who was helping me was really nice and gave me both a set of makeup bags and a travel kit from the Mango Seed line that I had purchased items from. I am especially excited about the travel kit because it comes a tiny Mango Seed Face Butter that I purchased as well as a Mango Seed Toner and Daytime Moisturiser to try. I have used both already and really like them, so I have a feel I may have to go back and purchase them...





So that is everything that I purchased from The Face Shop. I have a feeling I will be going back there soon to get more stuff because I have really liked everything that I have tried so far, and for the quality I think the prices are really great.

Let me know in the comments below if you have tried any of The Face Shop's products and if you have any items you would recommend I try!

xoxo Jess







No comments:

Post a Comment