Monday 21 October 2013

Beauty Wishlist : Items I am DYING to try

           

I thought it would be fun to share with you a few items that I have been lusting after lately. Every time I watch Beauty Guru's Youtube videos, or look through Beauty Blogs I always come across new items that I am dying to try. I would also like to place a bit of blame on the fact that Sephora always comes out with irresistible makeup sets around Christmas, and I keep adding new ones to my list. They are just such a nice way to try a bunch of new products without spending a lot of money.  Anyway, I obviously will not buy all, or even half the items on this list, but... a girl can dream.

Item#1:
The first item on my list is the new Chanel blush which is from the Holiday 2013 collection which is in the shade #84 and is called "Accent". It looks like a really pretty beige- plum colour and I think it would be really flattering even in the winter when my skin gets a lot more pale. I have a love/hate relationship with "limited edition collections" because I feel like if I like a product I need to buy it immediately or it will be sold out and I will lose my chance forever. This causes me a lot of psychological stress, and usually I end up making the splurge. I might go try on this blush in person and see if I like how it looks on me and then ill be forced to make the life or death decision of whether or not I am going to buy it.  This product retails for around $43.00 at department stores.
                      

Item #2:
The next item on my list is another part of the Chanel 2013 Holiday Collection and it is one of the Rouge Allure Lipsticks in shade #217  "Radieuse". This looks like a really pretty pink nude shade and I think it would look so pretty on absolutely everyone. This is a product that I definitely cannot stop thinking about, and I cannot wait to try on the next time I am at the mall. I have another rouge allure lipstick at home and I really like the formula.  They are easy to apply, don't crease throughout the day, and smell really nice. This might be another product that I splurge on if it looks nice on me. This product retails for around $34.00 at department stores. 
                         

Item #3:
The next item on my list is a YSL lipstick in shade #12 "Forbidden Burgundy". This is a lipstick that I have liked on other people, however I am not sure if I could pull off. It is definitely a scary colour, and I will need to try it on in the store to see how comfortable I feel wearing it. I do think it is a pretty colour though, so if you are in the market for a darker plum shade maybe give this one a try. I have a YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick and they are the most amazing quality , so they are definitely worth the $34.00. They are sooooooo creamy and they literally go on like butter. I might end up trying on a few other shades and getting a more wearable one because I am pretty in love with the formula of these lipsticks, and wouldn't mind getting another.  
                         


Item #4:
The next item on my list is the Illuminator by NARS. There are a few shades you can choose from, but I think the shade "Copacabana" is the one that would suit my skin tone best. This is a product that you can use as a highlighter on your cheeks, bridge of your nose, cupids bow, brow bone, etc. but it can also be added to your foundation to give your skin a nice glowy look. The latter is what intrigued my about the product the most, however, I am always open to trying a new highlighter. I might get a sample the next time I am at Sephora and try it a few times to see how I like it before investing in the full size package. I do anticipate this product to last a really long time though because you would only need a very small amount of product each time you use it. This product retails for around $30.00.
                       


Item #5
The next item on my list is another one of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders. The shade in the picture is the shade Luminous Light, which is described as a "Champagne Pearl". I'm interested in trying this one out in the store because it sounds pretty, but I want to swatch a couple and see which one I like best. I bought the Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette and use the highlighter shade in that every single day and absolutely love it, so it is making me want another one. This is definitely a product that I recommend because they are great and will last a really long time. These retail for around $45.00 at Sephora. 
                          

Item #6:
The next item on my list is the Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche perfume. It honestly smells so fresh (hence the name) and girly, and I love it. I make a point to spray it on myself every time I'm at the mall, but I haven't let myself buy it yet. It is expensive, so maybe I will ask for this for Christmas. It says on the Chanel website that it retails for around $90.00, but maybe department stores will have a smaller bottle that is cheaper. 
                            

Item #7:
The next product is one that I have fallen madly in love with, and it is the "Lolita" eyeshadow palette from Marc Jacobs. I saw it in Sephora one day and it was love at first sight, and I decided that I absolutely had to have it..... that was until I saw that it was $71.00. I decided to put it back, but vowed that one day I would come back and buy it because it is absolutely gorgeous! The colours are really pretty light pinks and browns, and it is a perfect every day neutral palette. I think this is a good investment because I will get so much use out of this palette. The shadows are also amazing quality and are sooooo pigmented. They are also so soft and buttery, and blend really well. This is definitely a product that I am going to save up for because I need it in my life and I think it is worth the investment. 
                    

Item #8:
The next product that I really want to try is one of the Christmas sets that Sephora has come out with. This is the "Give me some Lip" set that retails for $30.00. This set comes with one full size lip product, and 5 deluxe sample size products. It is a nice set if you want to try a bunch of brands of Sephora products to make sure you like the smell, formula, etc. before you invest in a full size item. This is a set that I am interested in because I have heard good things about the NARS and Buxom glosses and have always wanted to try them. I also have one of the TARTE jumbo lip pencils and love it so it would be nice to have another one. This set also comes with a nice range of colours, as well as an array of lip glosses, balms, and pencils. This is not a very expensive item so I might pick it up one day when I am at Sephora. These sets always suck me in because they are so fun and let you try a bunch of new products. 
                      

Item #9:
The last item on my list ( although I'm sure there's a lot more where that came from) is the Sephora Christmas Mascara set. This is the "Lash Stash" set and it retails for $54.00. This sounds a little pricey but it is a $174.00 value, and you get two full size mascaras 8 deluxe sample sizes, and a set of false lashes. This is a great set if you are like me and LOVE trying new mascaras. There is nothing worse though than spending money on a mascara and then finding out that it makes your eyelashes clumpy and horrible, or makes them look like little skinny sticks. With this set you can try out a bunch of mascaras before you commit to buying a full size one. This is definitely a set that I will be asking for for Christmas. Either that, or I will hold out until after Christmas when they go on sale, however then I am running the risk of them being sold out. Regardless this is a set that I will be looking to purchase in the future, and I think it is a fun set that lets you try a bunch of new things. 
                               

Well those are the items on my current wishlist. Let me know in the comments below if there are any products that you are lusting after that I should give a try. 

~Jess.♥











No comments:

Post a Comment