Wednesday 16 October 2013

Product Review: Tarte "Off The Cuff" Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Palette



When I was in Sephora the other day looking at the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders I was also on the hunt for a good fall blush. A lot of the blushes I have are more spring and summer shades, so I wanted to purchase one that was a darker plum or burgundy shade for fall and winter. I started by looking at some of the blushes by NARS, but the sales associate who was helping me suggested I try one by Tarte instead. I have a Tarte blush and really like the quality of it so I agreed to look at one of those instead. While we were in the Tarte section the SA pointed out the Off the Cuff palette to me and suggested that it might be more worth my money since the individual blushes were around $30.00 and the palette was around $40.00. I decided to purchase the palette instead.

As you can see the colours are gorgeous, and you get a good variety of shades. I was also impressed with the size of the blushes and felt that this was a good deal because with the set you get four blushes and a bronzer. Tarte blushes are really great because they are super pigmented so you barely need any product on your brush at all. This means they last forever, you just need to make sure you apply them with a light hand so you do not look like a clown. This product also blends really easily, and I find that they look really natural on the skin. This would be a great product for someone who travels often as it allows them to create many different looks with one compact palette, and would also make an adorable Christmas present. This palette is one of Tarte's Christmas sets, so if you like it I would get it soon because it is limited edition and will probably be sold out quickly.
Below are the different shades more closely.




Let me know in the comments below what you think of this palette, and what your favourite blush is for fall.

~Jess.


No comments:

Post a Comment