Monday 14 October 2013

Product Review : Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders have been out for a while, and I had heard people raving about them, so I had been really wanting to try them. It is marketed as a finishing powder that is supposed to capture, diffuse, and soften the way light reflects on your skin. They are meant to add a luminescence to every skintone, making it appear softer, younger, and lit from within. This really intrigued me, so when I saw that Hourglass came out with a palette that contains three different Ambient Lighting Powders I thought that it would be a good opportunity to get to try more than one. The single powders retail for around $50.00, and the palette retails for around $67.00 at Sephora.

I have used this product for about two days now, and I honestly really like it. The shade on the left, which is "Dim Light" is a good shade to gently brush all over your face to set your foundation and concealer.


The middle shade, which is "Incandescent Light" is a great highlight colour to brush above your cheek bones, down your nose, and on your brow bone.

 The last shade to the right is "Radiant Light," and this is one that I like using as a natural looking bronzer.

 Over all though these powders really are beautiful, and do an amazing job at adding a glow to your face. In the pictures the left and middle shade look the same, but in person the left shade is a little darker. The middle shade is one that I especially fell in love with because it is not shimmery or sparkly at all, yet it is so reflective and just adds this gorgeous glow to your skin. This shade, however, is one that is a limited edition shade and can only be found in the palette, so if you are in the store and decide you like how it swatches you will need to purchase the whole palette in order to have it.
I am extremely happy with this purchase and will definitely be incorporating this palette into my makeup routine.  Although the palette definitely is a little pricey, it is unlike anything I have ever used, and I can definitely see myself falling in love with this product.These powders are also very pigmented so you really do not need to use a lot of product at all. I think this will definitely last me a really long time as I do not go through powder products very quickly. Having said that, in the future I can definitely see myself purchasing other shades of this product to try if I continue to love it as much as I do now.

Leave me a comment below letting me know if you have tried this product and what you think of it.
~Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment