Thursday 3 October 2013

September Favourites ♥


In celebration of surviving September and my first month back at school, I thought I would do a post of all my favourite beauty products that I have been loving for the month of September.

Face Products

Concealer: 
I found that throughout September, and most of the summer, I have not really been wearing foundation. My skin has been behaving itself for the most part so I have been able to get away with just wearing concealer. The concealer that I have been wearing every day is the NARS Radient Creamy Concealer  in the colour "Chantilly". I put this product under my eyes to brighten up any dark areas, and on any blemishes I may have. It applies nicely and blends in really well.  I have mentioned this concealer a couple times in different posts, and I just think it is a really great product. This product retails for $28.00

Face Powder: 
I saw the Chanel Les Beiges: Healthy Glow Sheer Powder at the Chanel counter one day and was curious to try it out. The product was marketed as a setting powder that is supposed to go on very light, and give a glowy appearance to the skin. The sales associate first applied shade 10 to my skin which was the closest shade to my skin tone. It went on nicely and gave a nice finish to my skin. The lady then took the product in shade 30 and applied it to my face as a bronzer. I loved the way this shade looked on my skin and the way it warmed up my face. It looks so incredibly natural since it is a more neutral shade and it isn't a traditional brown bronzer. I decided to go with shade 30 because I felt it was more worth my money. I use this product every day and absolutely love it. It also has a gorgeous floral smell to it, and the packaging is so classy and beautiful. This retails for $57.50 at The Bay.


Blush:
The blush that I found myself reaching for a lot this month is the NARS blush in the colour "Orgasm". This is a really pretty peachy-pink colour with a bit of gold shimmer. Shimmery blushes can look a bit scary, however, the glitter in this product does not show up as being sparkly on your cheeks. The colour looks really natural and gives a pretty flush to your cheeks. The product is super pigmented, and you barely need to touch the brush to the product for you to have more then enough powder to work with. This product retails for $29.00


Beauty Blender:
I saw this product at Sephora a couple times, and every time I would pick it up, carry it around the store with me, and then put it back as I got to the cash. The price always made me hesitant to purchase it. After hearing so many good things about it though one day I decided to bite the bullet and buy it. I am honestly so happy that I did because this is a product that I use every single day to apply my foundation and concealer. I know it is just a sponge but honestly, this is the most amazing thing in the world. It blends in your make up perfectly and gives you the most natural, airbrushed finish. The larger side is nice to use to blend foundation into your skin, and the smaller pointed side fits nicely under your eyes to blend concealer. They are a little awkward to wash, but that really is the only negative thing I have to say about this product. I know other brands that make similar products, however I have heard that they don't come close to being as good as the Beauty Bender. I definitely recommend that everyone gets one because I promise you will not regret it... and if you do.. Sephora seriously lets you return anything at any time, even without the packaging.  This product retails for $19.95

The sponge has been washed, but the foundation stains.

Eye Products

Eye Shadow:
The eye shadow that I have been using a lot this month is the Dior 5 Couleurs eyeshadow palette in shade #754 which is "Rosy Tan". I love this palette because it has such beautiful browns and tans that can be worn every day. I usually use the bottom right shade all over my lid, the bottom left shade in the crease, the top right shade in the outer corner, and the middle shade in my inner tear duct area as a highlight. The shadows are really good quality and have a good colour pay-off.  I also find that these shadows blend really well. I think this is definitely a palette that I will continue to reach for in the fall for pretty warm neutral eye looks. This product retails for $60.00 at Sephora.


Mascara:
The mascara that I wore most of the month is the Chanel Imitable Intense mascara in the colour black.I had heard good things about Chanel mascaras so I asked for a sample while I was at the Chanel counter one day and the sales associate give me one of the "Imitable Intense" mascara as well as one of the "Volume de Chanel" mascara to try. I liked the Imitable intense one better because I really like the way the brush applies the product. Your lashes get coated well with mascara, however the brush has bristles that ensure there are no clumps. I know many people who love the Volume de Chanel mascara, but I found that although the brush does apply a lot of product to create volume, the brush does not do a good job of separating your lashes so you end up with all your lashes stuck together in three big clumps. I decided to purchase the Imitable intense mascara, and I really enjoyed using it this month . It it an expensive product though, so it will probably be a while before I re-purchase a replacement. This retails for $30.00


Eye Liner:
The eye liner that I have really been loving this month is the NYX waterproof retractable eye liner in shade #16, which is "Golden Olive." It is the prettiest khaki green colour , and I find that it really brings out my green eyes. The formula of these eyeliners are great , and they go on so smoothly. They also stay in place all day and don't smudge at all. These are really affordable and can be purchased at Rexall for about $4.99. I am definitely going to go and purchase more of these in different colours.



Lip Products

Lip  Pencils:
One of the lip products that I have been using a lot this month is the Tarte Lipsurgence Natural Matte Lip Tint in the shade "Hope." It is a pretty darker shade for fall, but it still manages to appear pretty natural on the lips. It is a shade that will make dry lips more noticeable though, so you need to make sure your lips are exfoliated and moisturised before applying the product. This might only occur with the "matte" formula, I have a feeling the normal glossy formula is easier to wear. This product is marketed as a lip stain, however I don't find that it really stains my lips darker, or is difficult to take off. It just gives a really natural finish and lasts quite a while. It also has a nice minty smell to it. This retails for $24.00 at Sephora.



Lip Balm:
The Lip balm that I have been loving this month, and basically since I purchased it, is the Dior Creme De Rose lip balm. This is the most amazing lip balm ever. It smells really pretty and floral, and does an amazing job at hydrating your lips.You can see that I am getting to the end of mine, and with winter coming up this is definitely a product that I will be repurchasing. This retails for $27.00



Skincare
Moisturiser:
 The moisturiser that I have been using pretty much nightly during September is the Korres Greek Yogurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial. I have mentioned this product before in my "Nightly Skincare Routine" post, and over all I really enjoy using this product and the effect it has on my skin. Since using this my skin is so much softer in the morning, and my skin is so much less dry. I think it does an excellent job and would definitely recommend it to others to try. This retails for $45.00


Lip Scrub:
A product that I used a lot in September is the Lush Mint Julips lip scrub. I found myself reaching for this product a lot more this season as I felt my lips weren't looking as great now that the weather has gotten a tiny bit colder. You put a bit on your finger and then rub the product all over your lips to help exfoliate them. This product has a gorgeous mint chocolate smell to it, and is made of all natural ingredients (mostly sugar) so it is safe (and yummy) to lick off your lips after you use it.  You then follow up with your favourite lip balm, and you are good to go.  This product retails for $9.95 at Lush.



Nail Polish
Below are a few nail polishes that I have been using a lot this month:
Essie - Bahama Mama


Marc Jacobs - Glinda (on my accent nail)


Essie - Minimalistic (with Glinda on my ring fingers)



Perfume
The perfume that I have been wearing the most this month is by Juicy Couture  and is Viva La Juicy. It has such a fresh smell and I absolutely love it. I will definitely be replacing this one when it runs out. This retails for around $70.00 for the medium size, however there is a smaller $50.00 one and a larger $90.00 one. (I included a picture from the Sephora website because the one I have has a limited edition packaging so you wouldn't be able to find it in store.)

Leave a comment below letting me know what your favourite products for September were.
~Jess.


No comments:

Post a Comment