Thursday 12 September 2013

Best Fall Lipsticks


                                  
       If I had to pick my favourite beauty item it would probably be lipstick. When I put on lipstick I automatically feel more in control and put together. It seems silly, but all it takes is a little bit of lipstick and I am more confident, outgoing, and able to face any situation. As I was writing trying to narrow down my favourite lipsticks for my "I ♥ Fall" post, I realised that there were too many that I felt needed to be mentioned. I decided that I would do a separate post about my favourite lipsticks for fall so that I would be able to go into better detail for each one.

The first lipstick that I love wearing in the fall is Dior's #343 which is called SpringBall. This is a lipstick that I have been obsessed with all summer and it's a gorgeous wearable coral colour. I find that it is really flattering, and brings a lot of warmth to my face. I love the formula of  these Dior lipsticks because they are very moisturising. They are more sheer than a normal lipstick, which makes it easier to wear scarier colours, and they have a shiny finish to them. They are also very easy to apply since they are so sheer, so you do not need to be extremely precise. The lipsticks have a pleasant floral smell to them, but it is very subtle, and you barely notice it when it is on your lips. Overall I think this is a great lipstick for fall, and I will definitely be buying more Dior lipsticks like this because I love the formula.

 The next fall lipstick I chose is Syrup by MAC. I have had this lipstick for quite a while now, and although I put it away for the spring and summer, I am happy to be able to pull it back out again.It is a really pretty plum colour  that is great for the fall and winter. If you want to try a plum shade, but are worried about wearing a darker lip colour, than you should definitely give this one a try. It is a very wearable lipstick, and is only one or two shades darker than my own lip colour. I like the formula of this lipstick as well because it goes on smoothly,  and does not dry out my lips. It also has a little bit of a shiny finish. The lipstick has a slight vanilla smell to it, however, the scent fades very quickly when it is on your lips. I think this is a good fall lipstick to try if you want to rock the darker lip trend, and it is a product that is very affordable as well.


The next lipstick that I adore for fall is Chanel's Rouge Coco #11 which is Legende. This is a reddy pink shade, and it is a little more bold then the other lipsticks that I've included. It is coming off as being quite pink in the swatch, but it is more on the red side. The formula of this lipstick is a little thicker than the others, and the colour is very opaque. This is a lipstick that you need to apply with a little more precision than the others because otherwise you risk looking a little clownish. You also have to make sure that your lips are very moisturised before applying this lipstick because any dry skin will become very noticeable. When applied properly though, this colour is very elegant, and always makes me feel more powerful. This is a colour I might not wear on a day to day basis because it is so bold, but I think it is a great evening lipstick to put a little extra spring in your step. Chanel lipsticks also have a gorgeous floral smell that just makes the overall experience even better. The smell does fade quickly, so it shouldn't bother someone who is sensitive to scented proucts, however, it does make the application so much nicer.


Another lipstick that I think is really pretty for the fall is MAC's Viva Glam 5. This is another lipstick that I have had for a while and wear alot in the fall and winter months. It is a "your lip colour but better" kind of colour, and is very wearable. It also has subtle gold shimmer in it and this makes the prduct even more perfect for the fall and winter months. Since this lipstick is part of the viva glam collection, a percentage of the proceeds from each lipstick purchased goes to help fight AIDS. Naturally this was one way which I used to justify this purchase, but in general this is a great neutral  lipstick that is very flattering on all skintones, and is a product that I would definitely suggest purchasing.
 

This next lipstick is a favourite all year round, but I especially think it would be pretty in the fall. This is Chanel's Rouge Allure #112 in the colour Fantastique. This is probably one of my favourite lipsticks in the whole world. I loved it so much that I bought two because they were limited addition in Chanel's spring collection. I wear this lipstick practically every day because it is the most perfect light pink shade. I find some pink lipsticks can look a little trashy and unnatural, but this lipstick isn't like that at all. It has very tiny silver specks of glitter in it, and looks so pretty on my lips. The colour is pretty matte, and as a result can be a little drying, but it isn't bad enough to effect my love affair with this product. Some Chanel counters might still carry some of this lipstick so if you get a chance definitely look into getting this colour. You might just find that it changes your life like it's changed mine... kidding.. kinda.

The last colour that I love for fall is the darkest out of the bunch. This is Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine #81 in the colour Fiction. I got this lately at the mall when I was on the hunt for a wearable red lipstick. I find red lipsticks a little scary because I always feel like they make me look like I'm on the way to a dance recital. After trying on a few with the lady at the Chanel counter, this one was the winner. I think one of the reasons that I felt comfortable wearing this lipstick was because of the formula. It has a very similar formula to the coral Dior lipstick in the way that it is very moisturising, and is more on the sheer side. I am able to apply it easily without having to be super careful that I am absolutely 100% in the lines of my lips. Another thing I love about this one is that there is very subtle gold specks of glitter. It is a very flattering red that I think would look good on any skin tone.

Hope you got some ideas about lipsticks to try in the fall, and let me know in the comments below what your favourite lip products are for the fall.
~Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment