Thursday 5 September 2013

Fall Nail Polish - Dior, Essie, and Mark Jacobs

I was at the mall today, and although I have WAY more nail polish then anyone every should, I decided to pick up a few colours to help get ready for fall. As much as I love summer, fall is a season that is definitely close to my heart. I love getting to break out my leather boots, and cozy scarves, and finally being able to paint my nails dark colours again. I originally went into Sephora looking for a Khaki green colour because I thought that that would be a gorgeous colour for this time of year. I ended coming out of the store with two additional colours, and then later stopped at Shoppers Drug Mart and picked up a few more... What can I say, it's an addiction.
Here are the colours that I picked up:

Dior - Blue Label
I think this is such a pretty navy blue. It has a glossy finish, and is very opaque. I barely needed two coats. I also loved the way that it applied. The brush is thick and a little more rigid, and I found this made the application more precise. The price was a little steep, but I though this was a unique polish and believed it was worth the splurge.

Mark Jacobs - Nirvana
I loveeee this forest green colour. I don't really have any green nail polish, and this seemed like a very wearable green, so I convinced myself that this was a necessary purchase. It ended up showing up darker than I expected on my nails, because it looked like more of a khaki green in the bottle, but I still think that I will get a lot of use out of this polish this fall. The packaging is also super cute, so that's a bonus!

Mark Jacobs - Glinda
This is probably my new favourite nail polish in the whole world. It is the most beautiful glitter ever. I thought that I would have to put a thousand coats before it would become as opaque as I wanted, but I only needed two. I was also really impressed with the way that it dried almost instantly. I am notorious for messing up my nails because I don't let them dry enough after I paint them, but with this colour I didn't have to worry about that. I might not wear this colour on every finger, but I think that as an accent colour, this polish is absolutely perfect. I'm already planning to pair it with pretty light pinks or Tiffany blues. I might just wear this nail polish every day for the rest of my life... that's how much I'm in love. When it came time to take off the polish, however, I did cringe because I know how brutal glitter nail polish can be to get off, but this nail polish came off really easy. Basically... this nail polish is perfect 
 

Essie - Yogaga
I picked up this polish because I thought it was the perfect nude-ish mauve colour that would be a good transition colour from summer to fall. I love the formulation of Essie polishes, as well as the wide array of colours. I have a feeling that I will be wearing this colour a lot this season. 


Essie - Bahama Mama
I liked this polish because I think that the colour plum is a gorgeous colour for the fall. I can definitely see myself reaching for this colour a lot this season. 

Essie - It's Genius
I wasn't going to get another plum-ish nail polish, but the glitter in this polish got me. It has the prettiest gold glitter that is really fine and makes the polish look more jewel-toned. I thought this one was too pretty to put back so it got added to the basket as well. 

 

As much as I love all these colours, if I had to give my three favourites I think they would be the Dior "Blue Label," Mark Jacobs "Glinda," and Essie "Yogaga".

I would love to know what your favourite nail polishes are for the fall, so leave me a comment below =)

~Jess. 





No comments:

Post a Comment