Wednesday 25 September 2013

Face of the Day

 
I decided to do a face of the day post since I liked the way my makeup turned out today. I had to go to my teaching placement today so it had to be something classroom appropriate, and I think it is a really pretty daytime look. It would also be easy to darken this up a little fornight time. Oh and in case you were wondering, I did not wear a pink sweater to teach :)


Face Makeup

Foundation:
The foundation I used today was the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and I am in the shade 10 which is beige. I like this foundation because it is more of a tinted moisturiser, so it is super light on my skin. I also like that it is water based and not oil based so it won't clog my pores or break me out. It also has SPF in it which is a plus since I barely every remember to wear sunscreen. 

Concealer:
The concealer that I used today is the one that I use pretty much every day because I really like it and it is the NARS Radient Creamy Concealer in the shade Chantilly. I find that this concealer blend in really well and does a really good job of brightening up my under eye area. It also stays put for the most part and does not crease throughout the day. 

Face Powder:
The face powder I used today is also one of my holy grail products that I use every day and it is MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish Natural. The shade I am wearing right now is Light Plus. This product does a great job of setting my foundation and just makes your skin look completely flawless. I love this stuff. 

Bronzer:
The bronzer I used today is also one that I use everyday. This is the Soleil Tan De Chanel and it is a really nice cream bronzer. I did not expect to like a bronzer in a cream form, but it is a lot easier to apply than I anticipated. I just use a stippling brush and dab the top of the brush onto the product and then use it to bronze my temples, hair line, and contour my cheeks a little. The brush picks up a very tiny bit of product so the bronzer ends up looking really natural, and the product itself is not orangey at all. This product was a little on the pricey side, but it will seriously last me forever.  
                                  

(Excuse the little brush hairs that are stuck in the bronzer)
Blush:
The blush that I used today was by Dior and is in the shade Rosy Glow. It looks very Barbie pink in the package, and that is the colour it applies as, but as you wear the blush it changes to create a rosy pink that is flattering on your skin tone. I love this blush because it is absolutely gorgeous and find myself reaching for it often. 


Highlighter: 
The highlighter that I wore today is the one that I wear everyday and it is MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish in the colour Soft and Gentle. It is a really pretty champagne colour that gives a nice natural glow to the skin. I put this on the inner corner of my eyes, above my cheekbones, and down my nose. 


Eye Makeup

Eyeshadow:
The eyeshadow that I used today is Chanel's Eyeshadow Quad in the #39 Raffinement. This is a really pretty neutral palette that I find I have been reaching for a lot. The colours are very pigmented and blend well, and I find the colours look really nice together. I use the top right colour all over my lid, the bottom left colour in the crease, and the top left colour in the outer "v" area. I use the bottom right color in the outer corners if I want to darken up the look a little more. 


Mascara:
The mascara I used today is Cover Girl's Lashblast Mascara which is my favourite and I use it every day. The brush is spiky enough that it combs through the lashes well as it applies the product so you can layer on the mascara for great volume without any clumps. This is seriously the best mascara I have ever tried. 

Liquid Eye liner:
The liquid eye liner that I used today is the same one that I have been using for years. This is by E.L.F and is the most perfect liquid liner ever. It has the most amazing brush that makes applying it so incredibly easy, and I don't think I will ever use another kind ever again. (I forgot to include this product in the picture at the top).

Pencil Liner:
The pencil liner that I used is by Essence and was just a cheap one that I picked up at the drug store one day when I was out of eye liner. 

Lips
Lipstick:
The lipstick I used is one of Chanel's Rouge Coco Shines. It is #54 and is in the shade Boy.  I love the formula of these lipsticks because they go on really creamy and are super moisturising. Although in the picture it is coming off as being very pink, since it is quite sheer so it does look very natural on the lips. It also has a pretty floral smell to it which is a plus.


Final look:
The pictures really do not do it justice at all, but here is a close-up of how it turned out.



~Jess.
                           




No comments:

Post a Comment