Wednesday 11 September 2013

I ♥ Fall

As we transition into September, it is beginning to feel more like fall. For me, the beginning of fall will always be marked by when Starbucks begins to serve their pumpkin spice lattes. Although I really am not a fan of pumpkin anything, and generally stick to my caramel apple spice (yummm!), I like seeing other people order them and getting into the fall spirit. I love fall for so many reasons, but primarily because I love fall fashion. The rich plum, khaki, and mustard colours are right down my alley, and I love being able to break out the brown leather boots and cozy sweaters. Since I am starting to get in the fall spirit, I thought I would do a post on all my favourite fall things. Some of these are beauty related, and some are just extra things that I thought would be fun.

1. Favourite fall lip products:
I have a couple favourite lip products for fall. Although I still wear a lot of soft pinks and nude colours in the fall, I love that I finally get a chance to bust out my darker plums and red lipsticks.
Below are a few of my favourites that I find I reach for a lot in the fall.
      
Dior #343 Springball                Chanel #112 Fantastique      Chanel #81 Fiction

2. Favourite fall nail polishes:
Just as I tend to gravitate towards darker lip products in the fall, I find that the same trend goes for my nail polish as well.
Below are a few of my favourites that I find I wear a lot in the fall.
From left to right: Bagota Blackberry, You Don't Know Jack, French Quarter For Your Thoughts, William Tell Me About OPI

3. Favourite fall Starbucks drink:
Although I am a dedicated Caramel Macchiato lover, in the fall I love to order their Caramel
Apple Spice. It is an apple cider with pumps of caramel in it. It is then topped with whip cream, and then drizzled with more caramel. Trust me, it is soooooo good!

4. Favourite fall candles:
If you know me than you know that I loveeee candles. The scents I usually prefer are more of the cinnamon, apple, and vanilla ones, so the candles that come out in fall are always my favourite. My most loved ones are from Bath and Body Works and are leaves, cider lane, and frosted cupcake. Seriously though,if you have never smelled "Leaves," you need to get up right now and go to Bath and Body works and smell it because it is AMAZING. I also saw that they came out with a new one called "Cider Donut" so I need to go check that out because that sounds delicious as well.


5. Favourite fall scarves or accessories:
Another reason I love fall is because I love wearing scarves. They are so comfy and warm, and at the same time tie together any outfit. They are honestly a lazy girl's best kept secret to looking great with no effort.
Below are a few scarves that I know I will wear a lot this fall.

Another trend that I find I am wearing a lot this fall is big statement necklaces. I have gotten a few from Forever 21 and Aldo, and I find they make an otherwise plain outfit look really put together and cute.
Below are a few necklaces that I have been loving.

6. Favourite Halloween movie:
Hmmm... I had to think about this one for a while. I think my favourite Halloween movie is the one that the Olsen twins made when they were younger. If you are a 90's kid then you definitely know what I am talking about. I am not a fan of scary movies at all, so I am someone who needs a happy Halloween movie, and that was just my speed. Besides, who doesn't still secretly love the Olsen twins.


7. Favourite candy to eat on Halloween
I have never really been a candy person, so on Halloween it was always the chocolate bars that would be eaten from my stash first. I haven't had candy corn in ages, so maybe I will try that again this year and see if I like it.

8. What are you dressing up as for Halloween
I haven't quite decided yet what I am going to dress up as for Halloween. My boyfriend and I will probably do something as a couple, and we have thrown around a few ideas, but haven't decided yet.Some of the ideas that we came up with were Danny and Sandy from Grease, Superman and Wonder Woman, and Mickey and Minnie Mouse.


Leave me a comment below with some of your favourite things for fall, and also help me decide what to be for Halloween!
~Jess.


No comments:

Post a Comment