Wednesday 20 November 2013

Face of the Day

I thought I would do a "Face of the Day" post since I really like how my makeup turned out today.  I will go through all the products that I used today in the order that I applied them, and I will do a short review of each product as I go. Some of these products are items that I have mentioned before in other posts, so I will try not to be too repetitive. Ps. excuse the loose powder on some of the products, they are clearly well loved.

 

Face Base:

Marc Jacobs Gel Foundation in the shade "Light Bisque"
This is a product that I have used pretty much every day since I purchased it. It is a gel formula so it goes on really smoothly and blend effortlessly into your skin. It does a good job at staying all day, and I don't find that my makeup looks that different at the end of the day compared to when I first applied it in the morning.  This foundation is light - medium coverage, however you would be able to build it up if you need more coverage than that.  It has a really nice glowy finish and doesn't dry sticky, so I don't have to set it with a powder. The finish, however, is not matte. This made the product so unique to me because I need to set all my other foundations or else they I find they feel weird on my skin, and look too dewy. This is a pricey foundation though, and it retails for $58.00 at Sephora so if you are interested in trying it I suggest you ask the sales associate for a sample to try for a few days first.  This way you will know for sure that you like the foundation before making the investment.  

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in the shade "Chantilly"
This is a product that I have been wearing every day since the summer. I just find it brightens up my under eye area so well, and blends in really easily. I also find that it doesn't crease throughout the day, which is a problem I usually have with concealers. If you are on the hunt for a new concealer I would definitely suggest trying this one because it is a great product. This concealer retails for $28.00 at Sephora. 

Eyes:

Estée Lauder Eyeshadow Duo in the shade "Raisins"
I bought this eyeshadow duo a while ago because I saw Youtuber Tanya Burr raving about it, and wanted to try it out for myself because it looked really pretty. I used it a few times and then it ended up tucked away in my drawer while I tried other products. I re-discovered this duo the other day though and have started using it regularly because I really like it. It has a pretty pink shimmery champagne colour that I use all over my lid, and a pretty plum purple shade that I use in the crease. In the pan the plum shade looks quite dark, but it is very wearable and when you blend it out it creates a really pretty everyday eye look.  These shadows really bring out my green eyes, but I think these shades would look gorgeous on any eye colour. I am not sure if this duo is still available but if it is I would check it out because it is really pretty. The shadows are also really great quality. They are very pigmented, and are very easy to blend. I think this eyeshadow duo retails for around $30.00 at department stores.
                         
                                               

E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner 
This is a product that I have been using every day for years. I have raved about this eyeliner multiple times, and it is no secret that I love it. I find the brush makes the liner soooo easy to apply, and it goes on very black and does not budge all day. You seriously need to try this eyeliner. It either $1.00 or $3.00 at target, and is such a good product. I always stock up and get two or three whenever I find them because they are probably the only liquid liner I will ever use for the rest of my life.

Chanel Imitable Intense Mascara in the shade "Black"
I have been using this mascara a lot lately and I am really enjoying it. The brush does a really great job at separating your lashes, and really makes your lashes look long. If I want a little more volume I will sometimes layer another mascara on top of this one, but usually I do not need to because you can build up this product pretty well on its own without it clumping. This mascara is pricey at $30.00, so it will not be one that I will be repurchasing regularly, but I do really like it. I have tried the "Volume de Chanel" mascara as well, which is supposed to be really volumizing and dramatic, but I felt that it made my eyelashes look super clumpy. I would definitely recommend this mascara by Chanel instead, but if you are at the department store ask the sales associate for a sample of both and see which you like more before you make the splurge. 


MAC Cream colour base in the shade "Hush"
This is a really pretty highlighter that I used on my brow bone. It is pinky toned champaign shade that does a really great job of catching the light. I put the ambient lighting powder in the shade "Radiant Light" over it and it looked absolutely gorgeous. I am definitely doing this every day from now on, because it just brightened up my eyes and made my brows look much better.  The lighting powder also helped to set the cream highlight and make it last all day. I am in love with this combination. You can also use this product to highlight your cheekbones, you just need to make sure you blend it in well. This highlighting product retails for $24.00 at MAC. 



Here is a more close up image of how the eyes turned out



Face: 
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in the Shade "Radiant Light"
This is the middle shade in the Ambient Lighting Powder palette, and it is soooo beautiful. I use this product to set my under eye concealer as well as highlight the bridge of my nose, my cheek bones, and my brow bone. It creates the most gorgeous glow on your face without being sparkly or shimmery. This shade is unfortunately only available in the palette so you are unable to buy it on its own. I really hope that they release it as a single powder because it is my absolute favourite shade out of the four that I've tried. If you are interested in this powder then I suggest checking out this palette. If you want more information on the palette check out my review on the side bar. The palette retails for $67.00 at Sephora.


Chanel Les Beiges Shade #30
This is the bronzer that I have been using forever and loving. Chanel came out with these powders as a natural looking setting powder. Instead of buying the shade that matched my skin colour though (Shade 10) , I decided to go two shades darker and get a powder that could be used as a really natural looking bronzer. Since it is still within the range of my natural skin tone it does not appear orange or too brown on the skin. These powders do a really great job of warming up the skin while still looking really natural and gorgeous. I have been using this same shade throughout both the summer and the winter, and it suits me during both seasons. These powders are also so finely milled that they do not look powdery on the skin at all, and they just have a really nice finish to them. I really do not need another setting powder right now, but one day I would like to purchase another of these powders but in shade 10 to match my skin because I really like them. These retail for around $60.00 at department stores. 


Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in the shade "Rose Initiale"
This is a blush I always forget about, but I really do like it and it is the prettiest warm pink shade. I find that Chanel blushes are not extremely pigmented, but I almost don't mind it because I don't have to be as careful when applying them. The blush looks shimmery in the pan, however it does not transfer that way on the skin. It just looks really natural and I think it is the perfect shade for winter to give that pretty "just came in from the cold" flushed look. These retail for around $40.00 at department stores. 


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in the shade "Luminous Light"
The last step in my makeup application today was to dust this product gently all over my face using a big fluffy powder brush. I chose a brush that was not dense so it would not deposit too much product, but just add a subtle glow all over my skin. I also took this product on a fan brush and applied it across my cheek bones as a highlighter.  I really like this powder and it is the perfect finishing touch to any look. The single powders retail for $52.00 at Sephora.

Lips:

Rouge Dior Nude Lipstick in the shade "Trompe L'oeil"
I like this lipstick because it is the perfect nude shade. It is a more pink nude so it is very flattering and as a result is not a shade that will white out your lips and make you look dead. The Dior formula is easy to apply and is quite long lasting. I find it feels quite creamy on the lips and is not drying at all. I like this lipstick because it is a "no brainer" colour that goes with everything, and is an easy product to throw in your bag and apply on the go. This retails for $36.00 at Sephora.
Please excuse how sad this lipstick looks... I may have left it sitting in the sun.

Hope you enjoyed my makeup of the day and found products that you might be interested in trying. Let me know in the comments below what your favourite day to day makeup items are

xoxo Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment