Saturday 30 November 2013

The Perfect Palette Tag

I saw this tag floating around Youtube and I thought it would be a fun one to do. Below are a bunch of questions about eyeshadow palettes, and I am going to answer them based on the palettes and eyeshadow quads that I have in my collection.


1.) Best Packaging
I would have to say that the palette that I have in my collection with the best packaging is the Lolita palette by Marc Jacobs. The packaging is just so sleek and expensive looking, and I like that you have to press the button on the side for it to open. The packaging is also very sturdy, and although it is plastic I don't feel nervous about taking it places because the product was made well. The only thing that I don't like is that the black outside is always covered in fingerprints, so I find I am constantly trying to clean it. I do love this palette though and have raved about it in many of my recent posts, so if you want to find out more about this palette check those out on the right side of the page.




2.) Best Color Payoff

The palette that I think has the best colour payoff is the Cosmic Chic palette by BH Cosmetics. I got this palette at IMATS this year and was really impressed with the quality of the shadows. They are really pigmented and swatch so opaquely. They are really nice shadows to work with and they blend really easily as well. The colours are also absolutely gorgeous! You can find more information on this palette in my IMATS post.




3.) Most Versatile
The palette that I think is the most versatile is the Lorac Pro palette. This palette comes with 8 matte shadows and 8 shimmery shadows which allows you to create a variety of different looks. This palette also has a wide range of colours from day time neutral pinks and browns to darker bronzes and purples, and gunmetal grey shades that would be perfect for evening. It also has both highlight shades, and darker blacks and browns that you could use as liner. There are so many different things that you can do with this palette that I definitely think it is the most versatile palette that I own. 




4.) Best for Travel

The palette that I think is the best for travel is the Too Faced Natural Eye palette. I like that this palette because it is small and light and lets you create a variety of different looks. There are both matte and shimmery shades, and shades that can be used for both day time and evening looks. This is one of my favourite palettes, and even though it looks simple, I reach for it a lot.



5.) Biggest Regret

The quad that I regret buying the most is the Dior Bonne Etoile eyeshadow quad. It looks gorgeous and I was sooooooo excited to get my hands on it when it was released in the fall, but honestly I don't find the colours to be that wearable. I find my makeup ends up looking really dark when I wear this, and I have only ever worn it once or twice. It was an expensive item as well, so I definitely do not think it was worth the money that I spent on it. Hopefully I can find some kind of use for it because I do not want it to be a waste of my money. 



6.) Best Color Names
The eyeshadow palette in my collection with the best colour names has to be the Nude 'tude palette from The Balm. This was a category that I had a bit of difficulty with because none of my palettes have colour names that are that crazy, but I like the concept behind this palette. I think it's cute that the theme is "girl's with attitude" and that all the shadow names are characteristics that girls can have (ie. Sassy, Silly, Stand-offish).  The colours in this palette are also gorgeous, so if you are in the market for a nude eye shadow palette maybe check this one out. 



7.) Least Used

The eyeshadow quad that I use the least is the Chanel Delicatesse eyeshadow quad. This is another product that I had to have when I saw it because it was so pretty, however I didn't take into consideration whether the shadows were colours I would actually wear. Naturally I convinced myself that it was something I would wear everyday for the rest of my life (haha) and that is how I justified the purchase. Anyone else could have foresaw that this would not have been the case, but I was blinded by the pretty flower pattern on the shadows and gorgeous packaging. I use the teal colour sometimes as a liner, but I never find myself wanting to use the other colours. This is another product that I regret buying because it was expensive, but I have learned my lesson and next time I am going to pick a product based on whether or not I will actually wear the colours on a daily basis.




8.) Most Used, Most Loved, Desert Island
The palette that is my most used, and would take on a desert island with me given the choice would be the Naked 1 palette by Urban Decay. The shadows are just such good quality and are so pigmented, and apply and blend so easily. The colours are also gorgeous, and the palette comes with such a great variety of colours that it makes it easy to create a wide array of both evening and daytime looks. This is definitely one of my favourite palettes, and I cannot wait to get my hands on the Naked 3 palette when it becomes available in Canada.



Leave me a comment below telling me whether or not you  have tried any of these palettes, and I tag all of you to do this Perfect Palette tag yourself!

xoxo Jess








No comments:

Post a Comment