Sunday 3 November 2013

Makeup Haul


So I was at the mall the other day and could not resist picking up a few items from Sephora. I originally took a trip to the mall because I felt like all my foundations were too dark for me, and I really wanted to get colour matched at Sephora. They have this cool machine that kind of looks like a stethoscope that they hold right against your face and use to take pictures of your forehead, cheek, and neck. The device then comes up with a unique number for you that is your exact skin shade. From here, the machine plugs in your skin shade number and pulls out from their database all the foundations and the specific shades that are a perfect match for your skin tone. From this list, the sales associate decided to try a NARS foundation as well as the new Marc Jacobs one to see which would match me better. The NARS one went on a little too yellow, but the Marc Jacobs one went on flawlessly. It was definitely pricey but It went on so nicely that I could not resist. Along with the foundation, I also ended up purchasing a few more items because I had a gift card. After cashing out my items the sales associate informed me that I was now at the Sephora VIB ROUGE level. This made me more embarrassed than excited because you don't even want to know how much money I would have had to have spent throughout the year to qualify for that level...

Anyway,I won't go into too much detail for each item because I might do a few review posts on the products once I try them out more and have formed more of an opinion of them. You will find the items that I purchased listed below:

Marc Jacobs "Genius Gel" 
This is honestly the nicest foundation I've ever tried. The gel formula makes it go on really smoothly and it blends so nice. It has a gorgeous glowy finish, yet still dries pretty matte. The shade I purchased was #22 "Bisque Light" and it matches me really well. Even my boyfriend commented on how great my skin looks, and for him to notice is big! I will do a more detailed review when I wear it more, but at this point I can say that it seems like a really great product.  This retails for around $60.00 at Sephora.


Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural
This is a product that I have been using forever. The shade "light plus" that I had been using has started to get a little too dark for me though, so I stopped by Mac to pick up another in the shade "light". These are really great setting powders. They are very finely milled so they don't go on thick and make you look cakey. They just smooth out your skin and give you a more flawless look. They are also good to make your foundation look a little more matte if you find that it is too dewey looking. This product is also great to carry in your bag if you have oily skin because it will help to prevent you from looking shiny throughout the day. This retails for around $30.00 at Mac.


Marc Jacobs Eyeshadow Palette
This is one of the products that I mentioned in my "Beauty Wishlist" post that I had been lusting after since I first saw it in Sephora. I had always held back from buying it though because it was so expensive. I decided to pick it up this time since I had a gift card, and I am honestly so happy I did because it is stunning. I got the "Lolita" palette, which has a range of really gorgeous pink and brown shades.  It is just a really great palette that is perfect for creating everyday eye looks.  This retails for around $70.00 at Sephora.


Sephora "Give Me More Lip" Set
I had originally been wanting the smaller $30.00 set that had around 5 items in it, but since I had a gift card I decided to go big or go home and got the larger $75.00 set instead. I am actually so happy that I got this because it comes with so many great products that are a lot larger than I expected. I'll create a more detailed review but basically it comes  with 16 lip products that are a good variety of reds, plums, nudes, and pinks. I have tried a few of the products already and I am really happy with them. If you only pick one item to splurge on for yourself this holiday season then I would definitely choose this set. It would also make an amazing gift. 



X Formula Polish
This is a product that I got using 100 of my Sephora points. I had heard such great things about these polishes that I thought it would be a good thing to spend my points on. The shade that they were offering was called "Pyrotechnic" and it is a fire truck red colour. I painted this colour on my nails as soon as I got home from the mall. If you want I can do a review on the quality of the polish once I wear it for a few days and get a better sense of the quality, and how long it lasts.

This is the package I got with my Sephora Rouge card inside. It also comes with a cute little bite lipstick in a special red shade that they created for this Sephora program.



These are all the products that I purchased. Let me know in the comments below if there are any products that you want to see a review of.

~Jess.♥


No comments:

Post a Comment