Friday 22 November 2013

November Favourites♥



I wanted to share with you a couple items that I have been loving throughout the month of November. Some of these are products that I have mentioned before in other posts, but a couple of them are new. I will try and give a little review on the items that I've never mentioned before so you will get a better idea of why I like them and have been reaching for them so much this month.

1. Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation
I have worn this foundation almost every day since I purchased it, and I really do love it. Every once in a while I will switch it up and use a different foundation for the day, but I am never as happy with the results and it confirms for me how great the Marc Jacobs one is. This is definitely a foundation that I will be repurchasing once this one runs out. This product retails for $58.00 at Sephora. If you want to see a full review of the foundation you can find a link on the side bar to the right.

2. NARS Eyeshadow Duo in the shade "Kalahari"
This eyeshadow duo contains a golden-bronze shadow and a dark cocoa brown shadow that are both shimmery. I originally didn't like this product when I first tried it because I purchased it anticipating that I would put the golden-bronze shade all over my lid, and the cocoa brown in my crease, but when applied to the eye, the shadows looked way too similar. I was left with a really dark muddy eye look that I really was not a fan of. I decided to give this product another shot this month, but instead I used "All that glitters" by MAC (which is a light golden champaign colour) all over my lid with the golden-bronze shade in the crease, and the darker cocoa brown shade in my outer "v". This looked really pretty and I got a lot of compliments when I wore this combination. I do this eye look a lot now, and have really grown to like this product. I find the shadows are good quality, and they blend out really well.  The NARS eyeshadow duos retail for $34.00 each.



3. Marc Jacobs "Lolita" Palette
I have been using this palette a lot this month and am really enjoying it. It has such an amazing combination of colours that make really pretty everyday eye looks. The palette comes with 4 shimmery pink-toned shadows, and 3 matte shadows. The shadows are amazing quality and are so incredibly pigmented. You barely have to touch the shadows to swatch them and they go on so smoothly. I will do a more detailed review on this palette because I think it is a really good investment. It is a pricey item though, and it retails for $70.00 at Sephora.


4. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in the shade "Dazzled"
This is a really pretty blush for the fall and winter seasons. It is the blush out of my "Off the Cuff" palette that I use the most, and it's a pretty plum shade. These blushes are amazing quality and are very pigmented. You barely need to touch your brush to the product and you have more than enough to apply to your cheeks. As a result these are a great buy because they last forever. These blushes are supposed to be long wearing and are advertised to last twelve hours on your skin. I think that this is a pretty accurate claim as I do find that they stay in place all day. If you want more information on the Tarte "Off the Cuff" blush palette you can find the review in the side bar to the right of the page. The palette is a great deal though as it retails for around $40.00 and the blushes are normally $30.00 each. The palette comes with 4 blushes and a bronzer, and they are quite big, so it is definitely something you should check out if you are in the market for a new blush.
                                 
                   
               
5. Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in the shade Radiant Light
I have mentioned this palette a lot because I am in love with the middle powder and use it every single day. I apply this to my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose, my brow bone, and basically anywhere I want highlighted. This isn't your typical shimmery highlighter though, the product does not transfer to you skin shimmery at all, and yet it has this way of making your skin look glowy and amazing. If you want more information on this palette you can check out my review in the side bar to the right. This palette retails for $67.00, and the individual powders are each around $50.00

6. Bite Lipstick in "Fig"
I bought this lipstick after hearing Beauty Guru "MakeupByTiffanyD" rave about it in many of her YouTube videos. When I saw the colour in the store I definitely didn't think it would be the natural looking pink that she described it as since it looked so bright in the tube, but it actually is. When I tried it on at Sephora I instantly knew I had to buy it because it is such a flattering and wearable colour. It is a pretty rose coloured pink that warms up your face and is fun but still really sophisticated. I cannot say enough good things about this product, you seriously need to go try it on for yourself. This is definitely a lipstick that I will be repurchasing over and over when it runs out. This product retails for $28.00 at Sephora.
                            
                                  

                        



7. Too Faced lipstick in "Marshmallow Bunny"
This is one of the lipsticks that I got in the "Give Me More Lip" Christmas set from Sephora. It is the prettiest bubblegum pink, and although this is not a colour I would normally gravitate towards, it is the prettiest colour and is so girly. The formula is really moisturising, and it even has a really nice smell to it. I highly suggest trying this lipstick and I think it would be even prettier in the summer with a tan. I have definitely been enjoying wearing this shade this month and I now I will continue to reach for this lipstick throughout the month of December a well. These retail for $25.00 at Sephora.


8. Julep nail polish in shades "Aisha," and "Cynthia"

These are two shades that I got in my November Julep box that I have been loving this month. "Aisha" is the pretty burgundy shade, and "Cynthia" is the gold glitter on my accent nail. I LOVE these colours for fall and winter and I know I will be continuing to paint my nails with these polishes throughout December as well. These nail polishes are shiny and pretty long lasting. The brush does take some getting used to though because it picks up a LOT of polish, so you really need to make sure that you wipe all the excess off the sides before you apply it to your nails. Other than that these polishes are great and the monthly subscription is a really great deal because you get 3 every month for only $20.00. This is an amazing deal considering they are $16.00 each at Sephora. If you want to see the other gorgeous colours I got or learn more about the Julep subscription you can find my post in the side bar at the right of the page.                                                                                                                

9. Josie Maran Argon Oil
I bought this Argon oil at Sephora months ago, but I never really used it.  I didn't love the weird tingling feeling that comes with oil sitting on my skin, so it ended up being shoved to the back of my drawer. My nose has started to become weirdly dry and had begun to peel this month, so out of desperation I decided to give this product a try hoping it would make my nose less dry and unbearable. I began to incorporate this product into my nightly skin care routine by applying a single dot to my nose over my moisturiser and rubbing the oil in well. After a few days my nose stopped peeling and I could finally apply foundation to it without it clinging to the dry areas and looking hideous. I have continued using this product every night and it has really helped. I was apprehensive at first to put oil on my face, but it didn't break me out at all or clog my pores. You could even mix this oil in with your moisturiser if you are like me and don't like the feeling of applying the oil directly to your face. You could even mix a drop or two in with your foundation to keep your skin moisturised throughout the day. I have also seen this product being used as a cuticle oil, and a hair oil, so it really is multi-purpose. I bought the little 0.5 oz bottle to try and it cost $18.00, but they have two other sizes that are $58.00 and $125.00. I suggest getting the little bottle though first and seeing if you like it before splurging on a larger bottle. I only use one drop every time I use it and I still think the small bottle will last me quite a while.

10. "Outer Beauty" Round Top Kabuki Brush
This is one of the brushes I got from IMATS this year, and I absolutely love it. I had never heard of the company "Outer Beauty" before going to IMATS, but after feeling how soft and good quality their brushes are I had to buy a few. When I talked to the sales associate after purchasing them she informed me that their brushes are made in the same factory as Sigma brushes, so they are essentially the same thing. After hearing this I should have gotten more because at $12.00 each, they were such a great deal. This round top kabuki brush is amazing for applying foundation and blends it into my skin even better than my Beauty Blender does. I have used this brush ever single day since I've purchased it. and I am honestly in love! If you want to check out these fabulous brushes you can check them our here :
 http://www.outerbeautycosmetics.com/


These are all my favourite products for the month of November.  Let me know in the comments below what some of the products were that you found yourself reaching for a lot this month.

xoxo Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment