Wednesday 13 November 2013

Product Review: Marc Jacobs "Genius Gel" Foundation

I was suggested this foundation at Sephora when I was colour matched by their machine (I am in the shade "Bisque Light") , and although I cringed at the price ($58.00) I decided to purchase it because I really liked how it looked when the sales associate applied it on me. It made my skin look really glowy and flawless, and I felt like this foundation was unique. 
Sephora describes the product as:

A breakthrough gel foundation that’s anti-aging, long-wearing, and awakens your skin to its ideal radiance and clarity. The Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation creates a weightless, natural veil that never settles into fine lines. An infusion of Soft Focus Powder reflects light to minimize imperfections, while revitalizing multi-vitamins provide supreme hydration for even application and luxurious wear. 
SIZE 1.0 oz     CAN$58.00

                          

I have only tried one other gel foundation, but I like how they blend so easily into your skin. I barely have to blend this in at all for it to disappear into my skin.  This foundation feels really light on your skin and does a great job of making your skin look flawless without making you look cakey. It has medium coverage, but if you are someone who needs a more full-coverage foundation I can see it being quite buildable. This foundation also has a very good staying power, and does not oxidize throughout the day. The finish of the foundation is in between dewy and matte, which I like.  I do not like matte foundations because I find they look really unnatural, and I they accentuate the dryer areas on my face. I also do not like really dewy foundations though, and I always end up setting them with a pressed powder. I found the finish of this foundation to be perfect as it is more glowy then the borderline shiny look that dewy foundations give you.  The only thing that I don't love about this product is the packaging. I wish that the bottle was plastic instead of glass because I am always scared that it is going to smash in my makeup bag. I do like that this product comes with a pump though because I don't like the foundations that are open and you need to pour onto your hand. I feel like bacteria gets in easier that way, and I also end up pouring way to much product onto my hand and it is a huge waist. Overall, I really am enjoying using this foundation and have used it every day since I purchased it. I definitely think that this foundation is worth the splurge as I have never tried anything like it, and I will be repurchasing another when I run out of this one.

Let me know in the comments below what your thoughts are on the foundation if you have tried it, and whether or not you love it as much as I do!

xoxo Jess





No comments:

Post a Comment