Monday 11 November 2013

Sephora 20% Off Sale Mini Haul

I decided to take advantage of the 20% off sale at Sephora and get two things that I have had my eye on lately. I also cashed in 500 of my Beauty Insider points to get the Dior reward.
                      

The first thing I bought was one of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders in the shade "Luminous Light." I have the palette which comes with three and I use it every day, so I wanted to get a full sized one. The Sephora that I was at was so busy that I wasn't able to test out any of the powders because all the testers were in use, so I grabbed one and figured I could always exchange it another time if I didn't like the shade.  I had heard that "Luminous Light" was the shade that a lot of people liked, so I decided that I would get that one. I purchased the last powder that they had in stock of that shade, so I assumed that that was a good sign. I swatched the product on my hand when I got home and it is a pretty champagne shade. It isn't shimmery though when applied to your face and does a good job of adding a pretty glow to your skin. I have only used it once, so I am not able to give you too detailed of a review, but so far I like it the product. These retailed for around $50.00 at sephora.
                     

                         


The other product that I purchased was a Bite lipstick in the shade "Fig". This is the prettiest mid-toned pink shade, and although it looks very pink in the tube, it goes on looking pretty natural. I  think this colour would look amazing on anyone.  I tried this shade because Youtuber "MakeupByTiffanyD" raved about it in a bunch of her videos.  I have worn this lipstick a few times already and really like it. The formula is great, and they go on really smooth and creamy. They are also pretty long lasting and go on quite opaque. Overall, I think these are great lipsticks and will probably purchase more in the future. These retail for $28.00 at Sephora.
                    


The Dior Reward that I got was 500 points, but I thought that it was a good one to spend my points on. The box contained a mini lipstick, a mini perfume, and a dior necklace. The lipstick is a dark pink shade that almost looked red in the tube, and although it isn't a shade that I would wear everyday, I thought it might be nice for the evening. I am embarrassed to say that I cannot tell you what the mini perfume smells like because for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the bottle open. I tried twisting it, I tried pulling out the bottom, and no luck... If any of you know how to open it please let me know in the comments below, but in the mean time I am going to keep playing with it because I am determined to figure it out.
                  


Overall, I think this all came to around $70.00 with the 20% off discount. These were products that I was looking to get at some point anyways, and although I really do not need any more makeup right now,  I thought it was a better time as any to buy them since I would save a little money. 

Let me know in the comments below what you got from the Sephora sale
xoxo Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment